Last Friday, I went on a little road trip two & a half hours south of Perth with five other girlfriends. We celebrated two birthdays over four days with lunch on the beach, visits to the local markets, wine tours (our own & an organised one) and far too much good food & wine. We were lucky enough to stay at B’s holiday house so when we weren’t out and about, we were at home, cooking venison, making up all sorts of platters and relaxing on the couch with a glass of wine.
It was good to get away for a long weekend with some friends; some I don’t see very often & one I hadn’t even hung out with properly but love dearly after that weekend away!
Check out my list of places to visit at the bottom of this post and let me know if there’s any you love that I can check out next time!
PLACES FOR BREAKFAST:
- Samudra, Dunsborough
- Tealicious House, Dunsborough (if you haven’t tried egg benedict in a roll, run don’t walk!)
- Yallingup Coffee Roasting Company, Dunsborough (good for coffee and smoothies)
PLACES FOR LUNCH:
- 3 Oceans Wine Company, Metricup/Margaret River (they do sharing plates too!)
- Hay Shed Hill, Wilyabrup
PLACES FOR DINNER:
- The Pour House, Dunsborough (their burgers are out of this world!)
- Bushshack Brewery, Yallingup
- Hay Shed Hill Wines, Wilyabrup
- Howard Park, Cowaramup
- Knotting Hill Estate Vineyard, Wilyabrup (some really good award winning whites AND reds)
- Laurance Winery, Wilyabrup
- Saracen Estate, Wilyabrup
- Settler’s Ridge, Cowaramup (everything is organic!)
- The Grove Vineyard & Distillery, Wilyabrup
- Vasse Felix, Margaret River
- Will’s Domain, Yallingup