One of my all time favourite blogs is definitely Marc and Angel. Their latest post about signs of success in life got me thinking about my life & how much I’m actually succeeding in (and it’s a pretty great thought!)
Here’s the quick list, the full post can be found HERE.
- You are walking your own path, not anyone else’s.
- You are gradually working through your fears.
- You have not let failure stop you.
- You learn something new and grow stronger every day.
- You have overcome some considerable obstacles.
- You do your best to love what is.
- You try to be as present as possible.
- You love yourself first, instead of loving the idea of everyone else loving you.
- You don’t judge people.
- You are the reason some people smile.
- You have incredible people in your life. .
- You have been selfless in your closest relationships. You have given up doing things for others out of guilt.
- You have given up doing things for others out of guilt.
- You aren’t overspending to impress or satisfy others.
- You respect yourself enough to never let anyone walk all over you.
- You know you can’t please everyone, and you don’t try.
How many of these 16 things can you agree with?
Last week, I booked myself into an isolation tank at Beyond Rest. If you watch The Simpsons, you may remember this episode where Lisa & Homer go floating (poor Homer). Anything that involves extra dopamine and endorphins, I’m all in for!
Taken from the Beyond Rest website, the floatation tank contains a super-saturated Epsom-salt solution, which is about 25cm deep. This creates an environment similar to that of the Dead Sea, which lets you float effortlessly on the surface of the water and enjoy a feeling of weightlessness.
It eliminates all outside distractions such as sight, sound, tactile sensations, and gravity, so you feel like your floating in space losing track of where your body ends and the water begins. Noise from the outside doesn’t get to you. This is done by water and air heated to your body temperature so you cannot distinguish between the air and water thus giving you the floating feeling.
Some of the benefits of floating
The relaxed state you get into while in the tank is a healing state for many conditions reported by researches to:
- Promote total calm, peaceful relaxation, eliminates fatigue and jet lag.
- Quicken rehabilitation and recovery. Relieve pain from arthritis, migraines and injuries.
- Improve sleep, alleviate stress both physical and mental.
- Energise and revitalise
- stimulate left/right brain synchronisation creating mental clarity and alertness.
- shift brain waves from beta to lower frequency levels to alpha, theta and even delta waves.
- Accelerate learning, increases creativity, problem solving.
- Heighten visualisation, deepens meditation and expands awareness.
- Enhance hypnotherapy and self-hypnosis.
- Enhance potential for lucid dreams
- Increase your motivation and diminish depression, anxiety and fear.
- Increase your productivity as you are clear and ready to work on whatever it is that is important to you
- Facilitate freedom of habits, phobias and addictions
- Improve athletic performance, speed the healing process and prevent sports injuries.
- Boost immune function
- Decrease the production of cortisol, acth, lactic acid and adrenaline which helps reduce stress and relaxes you.
- Increase the production of endorphins
- Increase and improve the circulation and distribution of oxygen and nutrients.
- Help in healing people with fibromyalgia
- Reduce blood pressure, pulse, heart rate and oxygen consumption
- It’s a great story. At the end of the day when you see family or friends and they say ‘how was your day’ – it will be much more of an interesting story
Being a total water rat my whole life, I’ve always been a huge fan of floating in the ocean except you can never do that for too long because you either get hit by waves or you get burnt. So floating in a tank was the perfect solution.
If you’re one of those people (like me) that makes 99% of your life decisions in the shower, then a float is for you! I spent half the time getting 100% on a decision & the other half meditating (more on this massive decision soon!!)
And the best part? In your own private room, you get to shower afterwards with Sukin products & walk out of there feeling super refreshed.
Check into your closest isolation tank in Brisbane // Melbourne // Perth // Sydney
Worldwide float locations can be found: HERE
“You can work out your family of origin issues, and neuroses, and past life traumas with your shrink or your shaman. You can talk talk talk it out all day long (I know, I’ve done it). You can trace the cause of your wounds and why you’re so stuck. But at some point, eventually, who cares WHY you’re stuck. Instead of focusing on how you got to where you are, you’ve got to shift your attention to where you’d rather be”.
– Danielle LaPorte